Sunday, March 11, 2012

Knots and Handbags...



This weekend I have had some time to work on a few bags I have been dying to make. First is a Japanese Knot handbag. I was a little challenged on the directions for sewing up the handles but once I figured it out it all made sense. Very simple project and I have already bought more fabric to make another. Next, I made a creation of my own from two bags I saw while perusing the web. It turned out to be a bow handbag for a sushi lover! I love the sushi fabric, and I think that the bow makes it elegant while still keeping it fun. I also really like the fine wale corduroy, it is so soft and easy to work with. Speaking of corduroy I will be posting pictures of my first computer messenger bag. I am waiting for supplies to make the strap but the bag itself is finished. I used a navy blue corduroy for the exterior and a fun blue flower fabric for the interior. This is a bag for a classmate of mine, she has a small laptop and could not find a bag to fit. Off the Hook to the rescue! She now has a custom lap top bag (I think it would also work great for an iPad). I am hoping that I will have enough time today to sew up some new pillows and upholster a foot stool for our living room. Thank goodness for no homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment