Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Next Project(s)

Update: I decided to return the book and buy a simple pattern. The book had patterns in the back but they needed to be enlarged 400%, and I do not have the ability to do that. I finished one "practice" skirt and will be posting the picture soon. Pretty happy with the turnout, I feel ready to use the nicer fabric.
I have been wanting to make an A-line skirt since I bought my machine. So I finally bought a book (patterns in the back) and some fabric. I start back to work next week and would LOVE to have a new skirt for the first day of school but I don't know if I will be able to get it done by then. One of the local fabric/yarn stores, Fancy Tiger, was having a sale today so I went there searching for the right fabric. This is what I came back with (along with some new sewing needles, knitting needles, and webbing):


I had seen this Moda fabric print by Sherbet Pips and instantly fell in love with it (I've seen those dogs somewhere before...). And I want to put a contrasting stripe on the bottom so I picked the Monaluna print.
The book I bought is Flirt Skirts:

I am also working on a small messenger bag for my dear friend Martha. I have almost finished it, but today I realized I was short one metal loop ring. I cannot find them locally so I had to order one off of Etsy. Here is the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment